Your Worldwide Museum News in 5 Little Bites…
1) You may or may not be aware that there are bombs over Israel right now, but the Tel Aviv Museum is very aware of the fact and has moved a portion of their collection to safety.
2) And, speaking of museums in war zones, here’s a sneak peek at the soon-to-reopen National Museum of Iraq.
3) Another reopening to look forward to, or in this case downward at, is the underground passageways beneath the Baths of Caracalla in Rome.
4) Get a spot in line now, this is going to be one of the biggest shows of the year. The largest Salvador Dali retrospective in more than 30 years will make the Centre Pompidou the place to be when it opens this week in Paris.
5) And, finally, a little food for thought. Does the art world have a demographics problem?